16. Masas de Puerco From David's Cafe
As we count down to New Times' Best of Miami 2011 in June, Short Order will serve up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305 in random order. If you have any nominations of your own, please send them to email@example.com. After the jump, find our other choices.
Courtesy of David's Cafe
South Florida has a lot of good Cuban food, so it's hard to count down the top 100 dishes without including at least one of our favorite late night indulgences. Leave it to the Gonzalez family of David's Cafe to taunt our taste buds with their crispy masas de puerco ($12.95). These marinated fried pork chunks - so tender they melt in your mouth- are served up traditional style with moros and maduros. Be it 2 p.m. or 2 a.m., this dish reminds us why locals and tourists keep coming back to a mainstay on the South Beach food scene.
100 Favorite Dishes:
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Instacart Same-Day Grocery Delivery Lets You Shop Without Having to Go Anywhere
- Backstage with Michael Schwartz, Giorgio Rapicavoli, and Aussie Celeb Chef Pete Evans
- Latteria Italiana: Amazing, Secret Ice Cream and More in Midtown
- Miami's Five Best Exotic Pasta Dishes: From Pumpkin to Amaretto and Lobster