100 Montaditos Opens New Location in Brickell, Launching New Menu
Courtesy of 100 Montaditos
Like a pair of frisky rabbits, the 100 Montaditos chain is rapidly reproducing. This week, the South Florida empire officially expanded to Brickell, taking the total of local outposts to a whopping ten in less than two years.
That's some Duggar-speed baby-making.
The Spanish chain boasts a loyal following for the vast assortment of small-scale sandwiches and ridiculously awesome $1 Wednesday promos, when almost everything on the menu (booze included) is just a buck.
Now, they've opened a location on the ground floor and terrace of 1401 Brickell Avenue (formerly home to Deli Lane Café). This new locale will also be the first to roll out Montaditos' new menu, which officially launches at all locations on November 15.
"Brickell is an important business district and nightlife hotspot where tremendous flow of young professionals who appreciate good food and drink at a good price work and live. As a result, given the wide variety of menu options, quick service and attractive pricing, I think Brickell is as excited about us arriving as we are," said CEO for the Americas Juan Gervas.
Courtesy of 100 Montaditos
Included on the menu will be all the old favorites like serrano ham and olive oil; tortilla española with chipotle ali oli; pulled BBQ pork with iberic cheese and brava sauce; cream cheese with strawberry jam and dozens of others. Not to mention french fries, Spanish olives, salads, ice cream and more.
But what's new, you ask?
- New chocolate, chapata and black olive baked-to-order rolls.
- Platters featuring torpedo shrimp with chili sauce and Asian dressing; fried calamari with marinara sauce and ali oil; and herb-encrusted hot wings with ranch dressing.
- An "XXL montadito" option with a choice of one ingredient each from five categories of fillings.
- And additional vegetarian, ovovegetarian, lactovegetarian and pescetarian options.
They're also launching the chain's lunchtime promo, Combomania. It's good every but Wednesday (and during other promotions), and options include:
- Four selected montaditos and selected large drinks for $6.
- Eight selected montaditos and two selected large drinks for $10.
- 20 selected montaditos and four selected large drinks for $20.
- Montaditos numbers 1 through 100 for $100.
- Five dessert montaditos for $9.
Not to mention Doublemania Sundays, where diners can get two platters for the price of one.
And the chain is full of big plans for the future.
"South Florida has been wonderful to us; they've truly welcomed us to the community. We have plans to continue growing in the area, in fact, you can expect the next 100 Montaditos to open on Lincoln Road in South Beach in mid 2013," Gervas added.
And after that, the sky's the limit for the exponentially-expanding sammie spot.
Follow Hannah on Twitter @hannahalexs.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...