As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
Chef Sean Bernal's kitchen goes in heavy. The swordfish pictured above is a Brazilian broadbill cooked au poivre with grilled asparagus and Cabernet demi-glace. In French, au poivre literally translates as "with pepper." In cooking terms, it usually means "coated with crushed black peppercorns, sautéed, and usually flamed with brandy and served with a sauce." If that's not your speed, get your swordfish some other way; at the Oceanaire Seafood Room, they got your back.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
The Oceanaire Seafood Room
900 S. Miami Ave.
Miami, FL 33130-3053
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at Timo
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach