100 Favorite Dishes: Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
Brazilian broadbill swordfish au poivre with grilled asparagus and Cabernet demi-glace.
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
Chef Sean Bernal's kitchen goes in heavy. The swordfish pictured above is a Brazilian broadbill cooked au poivre with grilled asparagus and Cabernet demi-glace. In French, au poivre literally translates as "with pepper." In cooking terms, it usually means "coated with crushed black peppercorns, sautéed, and usually flamed with brandy and served with a sauce." If that's not your speed, get your swordfish some other way; at the Oceanaire Seafood Room, they got your back.
The Oceanaire Seafood Room
900 S. Miami Ave.
Miami, FL 33130-3053
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at Timo
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.