100 Favorite Dishes: Strawberry Shake and Cinnamon Bun at Knaus Berry Farm
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
77. Strawberry Shake and Cinnamon Bun at Knaus Berry Farm
The strawberrys that go into the shakes at South Dade's legendary Knaus Berry Farm are grown on site, the cinnamon buns are hand baked with love (no really, you can actually taste it), and the German Dunker who takes your cash-only will make you feel like you're in some kind of Dade County time warp. You are, enjoy it.
Knaus Berry Farm
15980 SW 248th Street (Coconut Palm Drive)
Homestead, FL 33031
(open mid-November thru the last Saturday in April)
8 am to 5:30 pm
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
81. Lechón Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
80. Grilled Octopus at Mandolin Aegean Bistro
79. Blue Cheese and Jamon Croquetas at Michy's
78. A Frita, Cuban Hamburger at El Mago De Las Fritas
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.