100 Favorite Dishes: Spicy Tuna Rock at Asia Bay
Spicy Tuna Rock at Asia Bay
Photo by Jacquelynn D. Powers
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of
Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the
305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
82. Spicy Tuna Rock
at Asia Bay
This kicked-up version of spicy tuna, which is ubiquitous at Japanese restaurants, features pink slivers of tuna mixed with avocado,
scallions, tempura flakes, masago, and spicy mayo. The savory dish is molded,
served over white rice, and drizzled with eel sauce. Each bite explodes with
flavor and crunch, owing to the tempura flakes, avocado, scallions, masago, and
spicy mayo. (You can also order it as a sushi roll.) For Miami Beach and Bay
Harbor Islands residents, this spicy tuna rock is a staple for lunch and dinner.
Concourse, Bay Harbor Islands
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall