100 Favorite Dishes: Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
Rotisserie chicken at Pardo's.
Photo by Jacquelynn D. Powers
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
39. Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
Pardo's hails from Lima, where they have been doing chicken the Peruvian way since 1986. As the number-one chicken chain in Peru, it was only a matter of time before they expanded to the United States. The Miami location debuted nearly two years ago to wide acclaim. The mouthwatering aroma of rotisserie chicken can be smelled almost a block away from this Coral Gables eatery. Diners know it's the real deal, however, when they walk into the unassuming space and see rows and rows of whole chickens roasting on the back wall. The poultry is marinated in 14 secret spices and cooked for hours, yielding crispy, flavorful skin and moist, tender meat inside. The succulent chicken is served with starchy sides such as French fries, cilantro rice, sweet plantains, black beans and Inca corn. We'd like to see the Colonel top that.
2312 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
49. Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at Bourbon Steak
48. Spicy Tuna Roll at Shoji Sushi
47. Bang Bang Shrimp at A Fish Called Avalon
46. Meatballs at Macaluso's
45. Goat Cheese Salad at Books & Books
44. Tacos al Carnitas Michoacan at Con Sabor a Mexico
43. Pan-Seared Sheepshead Fish Over Farro at Altamare
42. Deep-Fried Biscuit at the Pit Bar-B-Que
41. Joe's Stone Crab Claws
40. Fried Fish Sandwich at Alabama Jack's
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Miami Ranked One of the Ten Best Food Cities for Your Wallet
Fri., Nov. 13, 7:00pm
Thu., Dec. 3, 6:30pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Gianni's at the Villa: Opulent Dinners at Versace's Former Mansion
- Brickell's Golden Fig Isn't Perfect Yet