As a countdown to New Times' "Best of
Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the
305. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
73. Quadretti con Portobello Olio Tartufato at Spiga
Spiga Restaurant in South Beach is one of our most underrated Italian dining establishments. The room is cozy and romantic, the service is friendly, and the dozen or so homemade pasta dishes available each night rank with the best Miami has to offer. This is our favorite of the bunch though, for beneath those planks of Parmigiano-Reggiano are wide, sumptuous quadretti noodles, meaty slices of portobello mushrooms, and tidbits of ripe tomatoes in a truffled veal demi-glace ($19). Save room for the ricotta cheesecake.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1228 Collins Ave.
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at Timo
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
90. Twice-baked upside-down Gruyère cheese soufflé at Pascal's On Ponce
89. BBQ Shrimp at Red Light Little River
88. Thai Spring Rolls at the Asian Cultural Festival at Fruit and Spice Park
87. Sunday Fish Fry at the Shantel Lounge
86. Old Dirty Dawg at gastroPod Miami
85. Vegan Ding Dong at Lido at the Standard
84. Mahi-Mahi Tacos at Fish Shack & Market
83. Moroccan Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Elie's Café
82. Spicy Tuna Rock at Asia Bay
81. Lechón Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
80. Grilled Octopus at Mandolin Aegean Bistro
79. Blue Cheese and Jamon Croquetas at Michy's
78. A Frita, Cuban Hamburger at El Mago de las Fritas
77. Strawberry Shake and Cinnamon Bun at Knaus Berry Farm
76. Chocolate Soup at Charlotte Bistro
75. Corn on the Cob at Shorty's
74.Dim Sum Barbecue Platter at Hakkasan