100 Favorite Dishes: Pan Con Minuta at La Camaronera
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
31. Pan Con Minuta at La Camaronera
Take a fish out of the ocean, quickly clean, batter, and throw it in a deep fryer. Leave the tail on. Throw the cooked fish in a Cuban bun, add secret sauce and chopped onions, offer with tartars, hot sauce and lime wedges, and there you have it, the perfect fish sandwich. It's only $3.25 at La Camaronera, Miami's premier Garcia Bros. owned stand up only seafood counter and fish market. This is a Michelle Bernstein favorite for a reason. And yes, it's that good. Cash only.
1952 W Flagler Street, Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
49. Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at Bourbon Steak
48. Spicy Tuna Roll at Shoji Sushi
47. Bang Bang Shrimp at A Fish Called Avalon
46. Meatballs at Macaluso's
45. Goat Cheese Salad at Books & Books
44. Tacos al Carnitas Michoacan at Con Sabor a Mexico
43. Pan-Seared Sheepshead Fish Over Farro at Altamare
42. Deep-Fried Biscuit at the Pit Bar-B-Que
41. Joe's Stone Crab Claws
40. Fried Fish Sandwich at Alabama Jack's
39. Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
38. Hummus at Pita Loca
37. Pâté Sandwich at La Sandwicherie
36. Daily Bread's Falafel Platter
35. Fish & Chips at Clarke's
34. Goat Stew at Tap Tap
33. Matzo Ball Soup at Jerry's Deli
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...