As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is
serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations
86. Old Dirty Dawg at gastroPod Miami
This isn't your average hot dog. It's a homemade beef short rib hot dog
nestled in a potato bun and topped with a generous serving of 'stupid
slaw.' You can find it at chef Jeremiah Bullfrog's mobile gourmet
truck, gastroPod Miami, a
relative newcomer to the scene that's been making an impression. The
dog is kept in a 57 to 59-degree water bath and then finished on the
grill. It's tasty and has a nice snap when you bite. And that slaw?
It's good stuff. Believe us.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at Timo
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
90. Twice-baked upside-down Gruyère cheese soufflé
89. BBQ Shrimp at Red Light Little River
88. Thai Spring Rolls at The Asian Cultural Festival at Fruit and Spice Park
87. Sunday Fish Fry at The Shantel Lounge