This is the last description of our 100 favorite dishes in the 305.
1. Oatmeal and Coffee at S & S Diner
It's the sort of breakfast you can make at home in minutes, but to recreate the homespun morning ambiance of S & S Diner would take decades. Plus the oatmeal here is pretty darned good, served steamy hot with all necessary accouterments on hand -- milk, butter, sugar, maple syrup for a Maypo-like simulation, and so forth. Just don't call them accouterments unless you want to get looked at funny. Cup of joe is optional of course, but without it the oatmeal seems rather one dimensional. Either way, breakfast at S & S is definitely a favorite of ours. Matter of fact, as it turns out, one of a hundred such favorites (although, to repeat for the last time, these were listed in random order, meaning oatmeal is not necessarily our very favorite food). Hope you enjoyed reading about these as much as we enjoyed eating them -- although we seriously doubt that. Guess you'll just have to go get your own.
S & S Diner
1757 NE 2nd Ave., Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
13. Nutella Crepe at Otentic Restaurant
12. Daily Special at B & M Market
11. Cheese Plate at Fratelli Lyon
10. Corned Beef Sandwich at Sam's Deli
9. Kimchi Benedict at Michael's Genuine
8. Sambal G Udang at Indomania
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
4. Spinach, Prosciutto, and Smoked Mozzarella Pie at Racks Italian Bistro
2. Sandwich Cubano at Latin American Cafeteria