As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
32. Nasi Goreng at Bali Cafe
A juicy hunk of beef rendang, tucked into the bottom right hand side of the box, gets cooked for hours in coconut milk and spices
(a piquant blend that includes turmeric, coriander, and white peppercorns). Chicken
legs, called opor ayam, on the left side, come curried and topped with scallions and crisped shallots. In between the meats are steamed broccoli and bean sprouts in sprightly chile sauce. Upper left are garlic rice crackers, across from sweet and oniony egg-topped fried rice (which is what nasi goreng
translates to) -- with a bit of salad. A pickled mix of carrot and
cucumber is in the center. All this for $13.95 at downtown Miami's 30-seat Indonesian lunch spot. This little gem has been shining brightly for eight years now, and if you haven't yet been we strongly suggest you check it out. Just remember: Cash only.
109 NE 2nd Ave., Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
49. Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at Bourbon Steak
48. Spicy Tuna Roll at Shoji Sushi
47. Bang Bang Shrimp at A Fish Called Avalon
46. Meatballs at Macaluso's
45. Goat Cheese Salad at Books & Books
44. Tacos al Carnitas Michoacan at Con Sabor a Mexico
43. Pan-Seared Sheepshead Fish Over Farro at Altamare
42. Deep-Fried Biscuit at the Pit Bar-B-Que
41. Joe's Stone Crab Claws
40. Fried Fish Sandwich at Alabama Jack's
39. Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
38. Hummus at Pita Loca
37. Pâté Sandwich at La Sandwicherie
36. Daily Bread's Falafel Platter
35. Fish & Chips at Clarke's
34. Goat Stew at Tap Tap