100 Favorite Dishes: Matzo Ball Soup at Jerry's Deli
Matzo ball soup at Jerry's Deli.
Photo by Jacquelynn D. Powers
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
33. Matzo Ball Soup at Jerry's Deli
Matzo ball soup and Miami Beach go hand and hand like Lindsay Lohan and a cig and a cocktail. At the ultimate Jewish deli, Jerry's, the portions are exaggerated, including the grapefruit-sized matzo ball. Year round, the Passover staple arrives swimming in a bowl of perfectly salted chicken soup, and garnished with carrots, noodles and shredded chicken. As to whether their matzo ball is soft and buoyant or a sinker, Jerry's version straddles the fence, and is dense without being too heavy. Oh, and you can order it 24 hours a day.
1450 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
49. Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at Bourbon Steak
48. Spicy Tuna Roll at Shoji Sushi
47. Bang Bang Shrimp at A Fish Called Avalon
46. Meatballs at Macaluso's
45. Goat Cheese Salad at Books & Books
44. Tacos al Carnitas Michoacan at Con Sabor a Mexico
43. Pan-Seared Sheepshead Fish Over Farro at Altamare
42. Deep-Fried Biscuit at the Pit Bar-B-Que
41. Joe's Stone Crab Claws
40. Fried Fish Sandwich at Alabama Jack's
39. Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
38. Hummus at Pita Loca
37. Pâté Sandwich at La Sandwicherie
36. Daily Bread's Falafel Platter
35.Fish & Chips at Clarke's
34. Goat Stew at Tap Tap
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Broken Shaker Named One of the World's 50 Best Bars 2015
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Pubbelly to Transform Into a More Polished "Pubbelly 5.0"
- Miami Restaurant Sales Recover as Closings Slow