100 Favorite Dishes: Lechon Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
Photo by Riki Altman
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
81. Lechon Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
If you're one of those folks who trust a better meal can often be had outside of those white tablecloth spots, take a taste of the lechon asado at El Palacio de los Jugos. It's the holy grail of porkness. Let alone the fact that, for less than $8, you'll be served enough pork, rice, beans, and yucca to literally feed anyone for three solid days, the aroma that emanates from the Styrofoam container is enough to make a grown man (or woman) gaga. Soft, tender ropes of glistening pork taunt the tongue with their smoky, light flavor, while extras like rings of steamed onions, bacon bits, and a huge hunk of golden pig skin on top of the whole pile make it that much over the top. And the kicker is, none of it is greasy.
Kosher? No more.
El Palacio de los Jugos
5721 W. Flagler Street, Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
86. Old Dirty Dawg at gastroPod Miami
85. Vegan Ding Dong at Lido at the Standard
84. Mahi-Mahi Tacos at Fish Shack & Market
83. Moroccan Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Elie's Café
82. Spicy Tuna Rock at Asia Bay
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Jucy Lu's Three-Day Cleanse Is a Bacchanlia of Fruits, Veggies, and Exotic Ingredients
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Bourbon Steak, Corsair at Turnberry Isle Preview Miami Spice Menus
- Iron Fork 2015: Ten Must-Try Dishes at Miami Spice's Kickoff