100 Favorite Dishes: Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
Jerk penne pasta: sun-dried tomatoes, roasted garlic cloves, shiitake mushrooms, fresh torn basil in a light cream sauce, $12. With boneless strips of chicken, add $4. With Key West shrimp, add $6.
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up
a hundred of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations
98. Jerk penne pasta, with chicken or shrimp, at Ortanique on the Mile
Chef Cindy Hutson calls her style of cooking Cuisine of the Sun. She's right. The light fusion of flavors on this plate marry Montego Bay with South Beach and serve it up smack in the heart of Coral Gables.
Click here for our Behind the Line feature on Ortanique and find out what Chef Hutson was doing in the kitchen wearing flip-flops and a sundress with the cheapest cookwear she could buy when the New York Times stopped at Norma's on the Beach for a meal that led to a glowing review.
Click here for Lee Klein's July 2009 Ortanique review that says, "If you haven't yet dined here, you should."
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall