100 Favorite Dishes: Homemade Pasta at Joey's in Wynwood
Chef Ivo Mazzon's house made deconstructed lasagna.
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of
Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the
305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
72. Home Made Pasta at Joey's Italian Cafe in Wynwood
The pasta at Joey's is fuckin' awesome, and the prices are too, but we'll put it to you how Lee Klein did in his review of the joint. "Chef Ivo Mazzon is from Veneto, and his food pledges that region's allegiance to fresh ingredients simply prepared. Take the spaghetti pomodoro: staunch strands of semolina with a sauté of ripe red tomatoes, fresh basil, and a hint of garlic and olive oil. Take, too, the same homemade spaghetti dappled with a dozen littlenecks and a clam sauce buoyed by white wine, garlic, and parsley. Keep taking and taking, because pastas are consistently delicious and considerately priced."
Joey's Italian Café
2506 Northwest 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33127-4306
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
81. Lechón Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Verde at PAMM Chef Kaytlin Brakefield Creates Exhibit-Inspired Menu
Tue., Jan. 19, 6:30pm
Wed., Jan. 20, 7:30pm
Fri., Jan. 22, 6:00pm
Sat., Jan. 23, 8:00pm
- Wynwood's Beaker & Gray Opens Today, Just in Time for Art Basel
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Week: Frank Sinatra and Art Basel