100 Favorite Dishes: Fried Chicken at Magnum Lounge
The fried chicken at Magnum Lounge.
Photo by Jacquelynn D. Powers
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to email@example.com.
Who doesn't love fried chicken? Even if you are on a diet, you won't be able to resist the homespun fried chicken at Magnum Lounge. You can tell this dish is prepared with love (it's owner Jeffrey Landsman's mom's recipe) and from scratch. The chicken is marinated in vinegar, which yields tender chicken inside. The outlying crust is peppery and thick, and not greasy. Adding to the Southern-style fun is homemade gravy and lump-free mashed potatoes. While the atmosphere at this piano-bar-cum-restaurant doesn't necessarily evoke a Sunday picnic, this fried chicken is the real deal.
709 NE 79th St Cswy., Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
90. Twice-baked upside-down Gruyère cheese soufflé at Pascal's On Ponce
89. BBQ Shrimp at Red Light Little River
88. Thai Spring Rolls at the Asian Cultural Festival at Fruit and Spice Park
87. Sunday Fish Fry at the Shantel Lounge
86. Old Dirty Dawg at gastroPod Miami
85. Vegan Ding Dong at Lido at the Standard
84. Mahi-Mahi Tacos at Fish Shack & Market
83. Moroccan Spicy Chicken Sandwich at Elie's Café
82. Spicy Tuna Rock at Asia Bay
81. Lechón Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
80. Grilled Octopus at Mandolin Aegean Bistro
79. Blue Cheese and Jamon Croquetas at Michy's
78. A Frita, Cuban Hamburger at El Mago de las Fritas
77. Strawberry Shake and Cinnamon Bun at Knaus Berry Farm
76. Chocolate Soup at Charlotte Bistro
75. Corn on the Cob at Shorty's
74.Dim Sum Barbecue Platter at Hakkasan
73. Quadretti con Portobello Olio Tartufato at Spiga
72. Homemade Pasta at Joey's Italian Cafe In Wynwood
71. Tuna Ceviche at OLA
70. Bento Box at NAOE
69.Churros at Sra. Martinez
68. Organic Microgreen Salad at Paradise Farms
67. Warbat from Middle East Best Food
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall