100 Favorite Dishes: Filet Mignon at Red The Steakhouse
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
30. Filet Mignon at Red The Steakhouse
We love a great steak. Something on the order of Red's nine-ounce aged USDA
Prime Certified Angus Beef filet mignon, brushed with oil, seasoned
with kosher salt and tellicherry pepper ($39). The juicy, well-marbled specimen in the photo is pooled in
demi-glace and topped with truffle butter, but there are ten sauces and
garnishes to choose from ($3 or $4 apiece). Honestly though, a steak like this doesn't need anything but the aforementioned seasonings to shine.
119 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach 33139
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
49. Passion Fruit Panna Cotta at Bourbon Steak
48. Spicy Tuna Roll at Shoji Sushi
47. Bang Bang Shrimp at A Fish Called Avalon
46. Meatballs at Macaluso's
45. Goat Cheese Salad at Books & Books
44. Tacos al Carnitas Michoacan at Con Sabor a Mexico
43. Pan-Seared Sheepshead Fish Over Farro at Altamare
42. Deep-Fried Biscuit at the Pit Bar-B-Que
41. Joe's Stone Crab Claws
40. Fried Fish Sandwich at Alabama Jack's
39. Rotisserie Chicken at Pardo's
38. Hummus at Pita Loca
37. Pâté Sandwich at La Sandwicherie
36. Daily Bread's Falafel Platter
35. Fish & Chips at Clarke's
34. Goat Stew at Tap Tap
33. Matzo Ball Soup at Jerry's Deli
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Broken Shaker Named One of the World's 50 Best Bars 2015
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Pubbelly to Transform Into a More Polished "Pubbelly 5.0"
- Miami Restaurant Sales Recover as Closings Slow