100 Favorite Dishes: Everglades-Style Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats
It does taste like chicken.
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up
100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
The Everglades is a totally unique ecosystem the likes of which can be found only in one place on planet Earth: South Florida. While you're down there seeing it for yourself -- which you should do before it's all cow shit, sugar dump, and condos -- stop at Coopertown and get some certified Everglades-style frogs' legs. They're not necessarily gigging 'em in the area these days, but with the mercury levels in the Glades, who'd want them to?
West of Miccosukee Indian Gaming on the Tamiami Trail
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
- 100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella with Clay Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at TIMO
- 99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at The Mahogany Grille
- 98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
- 97. Herb Basted Chicken Pot Pie from Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese from Pizza Volante
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Broken Shaker Named One of the World's 50 Best Bars 2015
Sat., Oct. 3, 8:00pm
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Thu., Jan. 14, 7:00pm
- Pubbelly to Transform Into a More Polished "Pubbelly 5.0"
- Miami Restaurant Sales Recover as Closings Slow