100 Favorite Dishes: Corn on the Cob at Shorty's Bar-B-Q
Corn on the Cob at Shorty's Bar-B-Q.
Photo by Jacquelynn D. Powers
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of
Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the
305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
75. Corn on the Cob at Shorty's Bar-B-Q
A Miami institution since 1951, Shorty's Bar-B-Q is as famous for their picnic-style corn on the cob as for their baby back ribs. The yellow corn is served steaming hot in a styrofoam tub, drenched in bright butter and pierced with wooden sticks. Each bite bursts with buttery goodness. It's definitely not a dish for the diet-inclined. You can order the corn without the butter, but why?
9200 South Dixie Highway, South Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Vagabond Restaurant & Bar To Start Lunch Service on Tuesday: Pork Tonkatsu,...
- The Rolling Stove's Troy Thomas Takes Over Churchill's Pub Kitchen
- Instacart Same-Day Grocery Delivery Lets You Shop Without Having to Go Anywhere
- Backstage with Michael Schwartz, Giorgio Rapicavoli, and Aussie Celeb Chef Pete Evans