100 Favorite Dishes: Churros at Sra. Martinez
The churros at Sra. Martinez.
Photo by Jacquelynn D. Powers
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of
Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the
305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
69. Churros at Sra. Martinez
While churros are a staple of Spain, Michelle Bernstein's version at her tapas-style Design District eatery, Sra. Martinez, are decidedly upscale. This fried dessert is crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, and sprinkled with a generous dusting of sugar. Chef/owner Bernstein says the secret to her churros is that she makes them longer and fatter than regular ones. It could also be that they are served with a melted chocolate dipping sauce, which is laced with a touch of cream and cayenne pepper. Fried dough never tasted so good.
4000 NE 2nd Ave, Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Animal Rights Activist, Author Susan Hargreaves to Speak at Earthsave Vegan Potluck...
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz Brunch: Bottomless DIY Bloodys, Prime Rib Sandwich, and...
- Miami's Best Eats and Drinks This Weekend: WMC, Typsy Mermaid, and Florida Derby
- Freshii Opening New Location in Miami International Mall