100 Favorite Dishes: Blue Cheese and Jamon Croquetas at Michy's
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to email@example.com
79. Blue Cheese and Jamon Croquetas at Michy's
Of course we had to include an item from Michelle Bernstein's flagship establishment, but which Michy's
dish makes our wish list? Lots -- but none more so than these
croquetas, an anchor on the chef's shifting seasonal menus and a
signature starter that is recipe numero uno leading off her Cuisine á
Latina cookbook. Plus the combination of Gorgonzola dolce cheese and
Serrano ham, the crunch of crisp panko bread crumbs, the sweet dip into
fig marmalade -- well, it's just so damn delicious ($8 for half-order,
$11 for full).
6927 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
81. Lechón Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
80. Grilled Octopus at Mandolin Aegean Bistro
Get the Dining Newsletter
The week's top local food news and events, plus interviews with chefs and restaurant owners, dining tips, and a peek at our print review.
More RESTAURANTS News
- Vagabond Restaurant & Bar To Start Lunch Service on Tuesday: Pork Tonkatsu,...
- The Rolling Stove's Troy Thomas Takes Over Churchill's Pub Kitchen
- Instacart Same-Day Grocery Delivery Lets You Shop Without Having to Go Anywhere
- Backstage with Michael Schwartz, Giorgio Rapicavoli, and Aussie Celeb Chef Pete Evans