100 Favorite Dishes: Bento Box at NAOE
As a countdown to New Times' "Best of
Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the
305. Send your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
70. Bento Box at NAOE
The best part about the bento box at NAOE is that you never know what you're going to get, but whatever you do get will wow you each and every time. In the four-compartment box, chef Kevin Cory serves delicious creations like sea bream wrapped in Napa cabbage with okra, miso, soy sauce, citrus, wasabi and live aoyagi clam; shako (mantis shrimp) topped with green beans and unfiltered soy sauce miso; and always some type of rice such as parsnip or organic portabella mushroom rice. You'll also be served a soup. There's no menu at this tiny omakase restaurant in Sunny Isles so the contents of the box change every time, but believe us, here you won't be sorry to leave your food choices up to the chef.
175 Sunny Isles Boulevard
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
81. Lechón Asado at El Palacio de los Jugos
72. Homemade Pasta at Joey's Italian Cafe In Wynwood
71. Tuna Ceviche at OLA
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Miami dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
More Food & Drink News
- Hurricane Party and Survival Tips From Miami's Best Chefs
Sat., Oct. 24, 7:00pm
Sat., Oct. 31, 8:00pm
Sat., Nov. 7, 7:00pm
Fri., Dec. 11, 6:30pm
- Miami Dolphins Get Stadium, Food Upgrades: Sloppy Joe's, Versailles, Bodega Taqueria y...
- Stripsteak Brunch: Braised Bacon, Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, and an Endless Dessert...