As a countdown to New Times' "Best of Miami" 2010, Short Order is serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305. Send your nominations to email@example.com
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
font style="font-size: 1.5625em;">89. BBQ Shrimp at Red Light Little River
We first fell in love with these New Orleans-style BBQ shrimp at Kris Wessel's Liaison way back when. Now we savor the same hearty dish at his Red Light Little River -- one of the coolest joints in town. "BBQ" is really a bit of a misnomer, as folks in the Big Easy don't throw their shrimp on a smoky grill, nor do they slather them in anything resembling barbecue glaze. Instead the shrimp sumptuously stew in buttery crustacean stock simmered with worcesteshire, lemon, parsley, and rosemary. Bread is for sopping up deliriously tasty sauce. Might be something to consider concocting for the Super Bowl game this week -- assuming you're a Saints fan, that is.
Red Light Little River
7700 Biscayne Blvd.
Hungry for more? The dishes in our countdown thus far are linked below:
100. Warm Buffala Mozzarella With Clay-Baked Roma Tomatoes and Eggplant at Timo
99. Butter Sweet Potato Pecan Cheesecake at the Mahogany Grille
98. Jerk Penne Pasta at Ortanique on the Mile
97. Herb-Basted Chicken Potpie at Gables Diner
96. Calzone Brooklynese at Pizza Volante
95. Deep-Fried Frogs' Legs at Coopertown Airboats in the Florida Everglades
94. Caramelized Onion Quiche at La Provence
93. Huevo Frito con Patatas, Jamón y Setas at Solea
92. Side of Bone Marrow Served With Steak at BLT Steak in the Betsy Hotel, South Beach
91. Swordfish at the Oceanaire Seafood Room
90.Twice-baked Upside-down Gruyére Cheese Soufflé at Pascal's On Ponce