New Times' Best of Miami 2012 issue is here and, with this item, ;Short Order
is officially done serving up 100 of our favorite dishes in the 305!
Photo courtesy of Scarpetta at Fontainebleau Miami Beach
1. Lamb Agnolotti at Scarpetta
This is a newer offering that chef de cuisine Nina Compton added to the menu at Scarpetta, and although there were a bunch of old favorites at the table the first time we tried it (spaghetti, the polenta, duck and foie ravioli), this is the dish that had everyone's eyes rolling backwards.
A traditional braising in red wine and stock lasts for 3 long hours, then the tender lamb neck is combined with salty pecorino cheese to create a filling. Fresh arugula is scattered among the agnolotti, as are chunks of lamb belly lardons; and less is never more when it comes to cooking with multiple animal parts. Minted bread crumbs add a bit of crunch to each firm pillow of pasta, and the addition of a clean herb cuts through the richness of the meat. The kitchen at Scarpetta is in good hands.
100 Favorite Dishes
43. Ackee Empanadas at Vegetarian Restaurant by Hakin
44. Seafood Orgy at CVI.CHE 105
45. Rio Acai Bowl at Apple A Day
46. Aji Amarillo Ceviche at My Ceviche
47. Lunch Boat Special at Benihana
48. Victoria Station at The News Lounge