• Blogs

    August 29, 2013

    New Times Summer Intern David Dubrow Dies After Connecticut House Fire UPDATED

    David Dubrow, a 21-year-old Miami native who spent this past summer interning at Miami New Times, has died after sustaining injuries from a house fire in Norwalk, Connecticut, last Sunday. He passed away around 1 a.m. Wednesday.

  • Blogs

    December 19, 2012

    Florida Woman Douses Entire Family (Including a Toddler) in Hot Oil

    A Boynton Beach family is recovering today after an elder daughter doused them in scalding oil.Dureno Saint Fort came home to his girlfriend and their 17-month-old daughter on Monday night. After greeting his girlfriend's 20-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, he retired to his bedroom t ... More >>

  • Blogs

    June 30, 2011

    Landscaper Sues FPL After Power Line Blows His Eye Out

    Dwane Torres was hired to remove vegetation from around a power line in the back of a Key Biscayne house. The homeowners had called FPL repeatedly to take care of the overgrowth, but the utility company refused. Unfamiliar with the position of the power lines, Torres used a large saw-like tool attac ... More >>

  • Music

    August 5, 2010
  • News

    November 11, 2004

    Screwed If By Sea

    Cruise lines throw workers overboard when it comes to providing urgent medical care.

  • News

    December 18, 2003

    Doctors and Deadbeats

    Jackson Memorial Hospital's foreign patients owe the county more than $85 million

  • News

    September 2, 1999

    Vanity Fire

    A group of hot firewomen raised big bucks posing for a sexy calendar. The intended charity got only a pittance.