Who Will Be In Carlos Gimenez's Administration?
Carlos Gimenez won't get sworn in as mayor until at least Friday, but he is already getting to work. Blogger Elaine de Valle reports Gimenez will be meeting today with County Manager Alina Hudak to start work on the budget which has to be presented to the county commission in two weeks. Gimenez tells de Valle his first order of business is holding true to one of his campaign promises: Slashing the mayor's salary in half. We've heard from our County Hall sources that Gimenez will probably form a small staff of trusted advisers to help him implement his agenda. Some of the names we've heard include:
- Inson Kim, one of Gimenez's most trusted legislative aides during his tenure as a county commissioner. Kim worked at the county's aviation department before joining Gimenez and has a stellar reputation working for the interests of Miami-Dade residents.
- Judith Faerron, former editor of Miami Metro magazine who most recently worked for Miami City Commissioner Frank Carrollo. Faerron also worked on Gimenez's campaign. She would fit in as Gimenez's communications director.
- Genaro "Chip" Iglesias, Key Biscayne Village Manager. Before landing his current gig overseeing the island enclave's government administration, Iglesias was Gimenez's chief of staff. He would be a likely candidate to replace J.C. Flores, who was the mayor elect's top aide when he was still a commissioner. Flores, who was Gimenez's campaign manager, is reportedly going to take a job in the private sector.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says