Twitter User Who Sent Racist Message to Jacory Harris Identified and is Not Apologizing
The Twitter user who rattled Miami Hurricanes Quarterback Jacory Harris by directing racially tinged insults towards him through the web service has been found, and he is not backing down. Since taking heat for the remarks he's gotten into fights with other Twitter users and freely used racial slurs and declared that, "No Blk QB. Will win a super bowl." To borrow a popular term from Twitter: "SMH."
Harris discussed the upsetting Tweets at Sunday's press conference` and said, "They're the ones that before the game wrote you some encouraging message. And then after the game tell you that they don't want a black quarterback here. ....I know who they were because it's Twitter."
The tweets appeared to have come from an account known as "Motown305," which states the users' name as "Douglas Diaz."
In the days leading up to the September 11 game in which the 'Canes took on the Ohio State Buckeyes on the road, Diaz sent several encouraging Tweets to Harris, including, "Aye yall go out to columbus and make them see that aint no horse shoe. Thats a U!!!!."
Shortly after the game ended Diaz sent another message to Harris.
When another Twitter user took issue with Diaz's comments his tirades only got uglier.
Diaz's tirades also included other racially insensitive and barely literate remarks:
- " im not racist im just being honest. Blks cnt qb."
- "and im such a beaner i own taco bells. But you such a desperate bitch u wrk there"
- "and like i told u im not racist. But when i see these no heart players giving the game away. Like fools. You have to change"
- "and that goes for. NFL too. No Blk QB. Will win a super bowl. Warren moon cheap ass is the best QB. Ya had. And he even sucks."
Diaz also claimed to have gone to University of Miami and says he earns $89,000-a-year. If that's true, I'm not sure whether to burn my UM diploma or go ask my boss for a raise in the name of justice.
Diaz apparently doesn't seem to realize that Ohio State, the team that beat Miami, also has a black quarterback.
To make matters worse, the 'Canes fan blog that originally discovered the tweets, Canes Pundit , made a homophobic slur about Diaz. It's since been removed from the post.
Come on 'Canes fans, we don't need all this casual racism and homophobia. I mean, Christ, we don't play in the SEC. We're better than that.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident