Trick Daddy Owes $150K to IRS, Had His Home Foreclosed On
Trick Daddy may have a gift for capturing the soul of Miami streets in his lyrics, but apparently doesn't have much of a knack for keeping track of his finances. The Detroit News reports that Trick, real names Maurice Young, has had more than $157,000 in tax liens placed against him by the IRS, and had a home foreclosed on earlier this year.
Here's the details on the tax liens:
- The IRS filed an $85,366 lien against Trick Daddy and his wife Sept. 3 in Miami-Dade County. They owe income taxes from 2007, 2008 and 2009, according to the lien.
- The IRS filed a $16,709 lien against Trick Daddy and his wife on July 29 in Miami-Dade County. According to the lien, they owe income taxes from 2006.
- The IRS filed a $54,979 lien against Trick Daddy on July 29 in Miami-Dade County. According to the lien, he owes income taxes from 2002.
That comes out to a total of $157,034 and at least five years in which Trick didn't pay all of his tax bill.
A bank also foreclosed on his Richmond West-area, four-bedroom home in May, and sold it off in October.
Trick hasn't had much commercial success in recent years, though the 36-year-old did release a memoir in November through MTV Books and an album in 2009. Another album, entitled www.thug.com2 is reportedly on the way. Trick also announced in 2009 that he was suffering from Lupus and refused to take medication for the condition.
Too bad Trick isn't as tight with Trina as he used to be. Her recent lyrics boast of her financial genius. "Cause ain't none of dese hoes doing shows in a recession. Dey cards get declinned, now dey sufferin a depression, while im spendin meals, signin all kinda deals," and such. Trick apparently needs some help. Gotta keep him in those Polo jeans, none of that Bugle Boy shit.
[DetroitNews: Rapper Trick Daddy took 'Thug Holiday' from IRS ]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident