Timothy Bodden Charged in Death of One-Year-Old Girl
One-year-old Kianna Meus was found dead in the North Miami home of her grandmother on Monday. Originally reports and quotes from the family indicated that the death was an accident, but now police have charged Timothy Bodden, 23, with second degree murder for the death.
Bodden is the boyfriend of the baby's aunt. He was bringing the baby to the grandmother's house, but when she arrived it was discovered she wasn't breathing. The aunt had been taking care of the child since her parents were deemed unfit.
"This individual was charged with second degree murder because the investigators felt this was not an accident ... that he was responsible for her death," North Miami Police Lt. Neal Cuevas tells WSVN.
Other than that, police aren't releasing other details. [WSVN]
- A motorcyclist lost control last night near the junction of .S. 1 and I-95 and hit a lightpole. He hit an embankment and then fell 350 feet to his death. [NBCMiami]
- A health worker has been arrested for allegedly punching and choking a patient at a home for mentally challenged adults. [CBS4]
- Mayors from all across South Florida are meeting this morning to discuss the potential response to the oil spill. [CBS4]
- Residents around the Falls shopping mall are being told their water is contaminated. [WSVN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
- Put Every Toll Increase to a Local Vote, New Petition Argues
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Thu., Aug. 6, 6:35pm
- Miami Dolphins Fans' Survival Guide to Training Camp
- Boxer Yathomas Riley Charged With Murdering Wife Three Years After Beating Similar...