Heathrow Lounge in Miami Beach is supposed to have a classy, vaguely British atmosphere, but it's located on Washington Avenue, so of course it still has the occasional Miami-style violence.
The club was hosting some sort of Father's Day bash (because nothing says "excellent dad" like hitting up the club. "Sorry, can't read you a bedtime story, Junior -- Daddy's getting ready to get crunk"), and shots rang out. One man was hit in the back, and two others were grazed. The man who was shot was transported to Jackson Memorial and is in stable condition. The two others were treated at the scene.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Police are searching for two men who fled the scene. [WSVN]
- Despite 20 million gallons of sewage leaking into the Biscayne Canal this weekend, people were still swimming in possibly contaminated areas. Either because they were unaware or just didn't care. [Herald]
- Cutting tools found in the suspected cat killer's bedroom were found to contain no DNA evidence. [CBS4]
- A 67-year-old woman hit another car and then careened into a canal. Luckily, the driver of the car she hit wasn't too mad and pulled over to help her escape. [CBS4]
- A fatal crash following a police chase shut down a portion of SR 112. The vehicle sped off the ramp at more than 70 mph, hit one of the railings, flew eight feet into the air, and hit a Metrorail pillar, according to a Miami Police officer. The driver died at the scene. [CBS4]
- Police arrested two men after finding 12 pounds of pot and some guns in their car. [WSVN]
- The Mall at 163rd Street in North Miami caught fire over the weekend, creating severe, thick black smoke. The mall will remain closed for the next few days. [CBS4]