Three Dolphins, Five Former-Hurricanes Named to NFL All-Decade Team
Three players who have suited up in Dolphins Teal and five who are "all about The U," have been named to the NFL's All Decade Team. Chosen by the NFL Hall of Fame selection committee, the honors were announced before last night's Pro Bowl. Much like the Pro Bowl itself, the Hurricanes are represented in larger number than the Dolphins. Interestingly, between the two teams, only one player was named to the Offensive Team list. Though, players with a Miami connection dominate the Linebacker selections.
Current and Former Dolphins making the cut:
- Jason Taylor: Second Team Defensive End
- Joey Porter: Second Team Linebacker
- Zach Thomas: Second Team Linebacker
Zach Thomas played most of his career with the Fins before being cut in 2007. Taylor and Porter played for the team this year, but whether or not they'll return next year remains a big off-season question mark.
Former Hurricanes (plus last season with the Canes):
- Edgerrin James ('98): First Team Running Back
- Warren Sapp ('94) : First Team Defensive Tackle
- Ray Lews ('95): First Team Linebacker
- Ed Reed ('01): First Team Safety
- Devin Hester ('05): Second Team Punt Returner
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.