Three Dolphins, Five Former-Hurricanes Named to NFL All-Decade Team
Three players who have suited up in Dolphins Teal and five who are "all about The U," have been named to the NFL's All Decade Team. Chosen by the NFL Hall of Fame selection committee, the honors were announced before last night's Pro Bowl. Much like the Pro Bowl itself, the Hurricanes are represented in larger number than the Dolphins. Interestingly, between the two teams, only one player was named to the Offensive Team list. Though, players with a Miami connection dominate the Linebacker selections.
Current and Former Dolphins making the cut:
- Jason Taylor: Second Team Defensive End
- Joey Porter: Second Team Linebacker
- Zach Thomas: Second Team Linebacker
Zach Thomas played most of his career with the Fins before being cut in 2007. Taylor and Porter played for the team this year, but whether or not they'll return next year remains a big off-season question mark.
Former Hurricanes (plus last season with the Canes):
- Edgerrin James ('98): First Team Running Back
- Warren Sapp ('94) : First Team Defensive Tackle
- Ray Lews ('95): First Team Linebacker
- Ed Reed ('01): First Team Safety
- Devin Hester ('05): Second Team Punt Returner
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys