They Might Be Tiny, But These Lucky Dogs Sure Made It Big
When we saw that the Wall Street Journal whipped up a stipple portrait of Conchita, the Ginger-wig-wearing Chihuahua that belonged to the late Miami socialite Gail Posner, Banana Republican got to thinking what a grand life these little bug-eyed rat-dogs lead. So we compiled a list of the five most rich and famous Chihuahuas.
• Conchita: Posner's tiny designer pooch, along with her two sisters (a
Maltese and a Yorkshire terrier) got a $3 million inheritance plus an
$8.3 million Miami Beach mansion. The three Chihuahuas were already
living flossy. They have their own gold Cadillac Escalade that takes
them to and from their weekly puppy spa appointments, plus a four-season
wardrobe, a full-time staff of doggy sitters, and lotsa diamonds.
• Tinkerbell: Hotel heiress Paris Hilton's Chihuahua has had her perks.
In 2004, the golden-haired tiny hound published a memoir, The Tinkerbell
Hilton Diaries, and was a regular costar on Paris's reality show, The
• Loki: Standing by her master, Mickey Rourke, during the down years of
his acting career paid off for the stubby-legged canine. When the Miami
Beach-born actor made a big comeback with The Wrestler, Loki was at his
side at the Venice and Sundance film festivals. The love of Mickey's
life passed away last year.
• Gidget: This pup is perhaps one of the most underrated actors of our
era. She did a damn fine job playing the role of a Mexican male
revolutionary Chihuahua who coined the phrase "Yo quiero Taco Bell."
But when Taco Bell stopped using her for ad campaigns, we never heard
from her again. Gidget was euthanized July 21, 2009, after suffering a
stroke in the home of her trainer, Sue Chipperton.
• Ren: This asthmatic, psychotic doggy starred alongside Stimpy the cat
in a long-running animated series. Though parents complained about Ren's
propensity for violence against Stimpy, we will always love how he
gleefully plotted to kill his costar.
May they rest in peace or live in mansions till the big Master comes.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- ISIS-Sympathizing Uber Driver Who Wanted to Kill Miamians Is Sentenced to Ten Years in...
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Thu., Aug. 6, 6:35pm
- Harlem Suarez Planned to Blow Up Key West Beach in ISIS-Inspired Attack
- Miami Is the Most Expensive City in America for Millenials to Rent