The Week That Was: The Only Hurricanes that Hit Were the Kardashians
has sicced a lawyer on local blog Random Pixels for posting its shots of Dolphins cheerleaders, because, really, pix of hot chicks in miniskirts is pretty much the only hope that paper has left, and, got dang it, they'll fight tooth and nail for it.
- Miami Social, perhaps the greatest show of all time about 30-something doing vaguely human-like things in Miami, came to end this week, probably for good. While Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami, the greatest show of all time about 20-somethings who are famous because their sister has a giant ass doing things in Miami, just started. Oh also: Wearable Towels!
- A vegetarian automobile operator wanted her license plate to read ILVTOFU. But Florida said no, because they thought it meant she loved to copulate with people who are behind her in traffic.
- Shameless celeb news update: Amy Winehouse might be coming to Miami, while Jose Canseco is definitely going to fame whore hell. Paris Hilton had her day in court, and won.
- County execs sure seem to be driving some nice cars on Miami-Dade's dime.
- University of Miami is finally in the top 50 schools in the nation. They would throw a big party I'm sure, but they probably want to ditch the party school rep in hopes of going even higher next year.
- Sid Rosenberg is coming to WQAM to bore you with NY sports talk and shock you with off-color comments.
- The former vice prez of Peru's father was possible married against his will by some lady, and is being held captive on Key Biscayne.
- A Miami man set a record for credit card data theft! But, he's a sad, helpless internet addict.
- An army vet in Miami fires the first lawsuit shot against the VA for infecting him and others with HIV.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.