The Week That Was: Showin' How Funky Strong Is Your Fight
- Some tabloid claimed Alberto Cutié is gay, but he, obviously, denied this. In fact, he's getting married to a real life lady tonight, in a church.
- Gloria Estefan bought a small piece of the Miami Dolphins, because she loves the sports.
- Danielle Staub's court records were made public, but she did the unthinkable, and started making amends with Dina! Woah-M-G! Scott Storch will probably be our next favorite Miami-related Reality TV train-wreck.
- Burger King wants the good people of Singapore to get down on their knees, open their mouth, and take their seven incher in their hungry mouths. Meanwhile, Burger King's American ad company isn't selling as many burgers and they should be.
- Perez Hilton had a horrible week. He got punched for calling Will.i.am a faggot, and expected everyone to feel bad for him. But even GLAAD was pissed. At the end of the week his website was down, because he said some horrible things about Michael Jackson.
- Shaq's Star Island mansion finally sold for $16 million to Naomi Campbell's boyfriend of all people.
- Iconic AM radio host Neil Rogers has officially retired, and apparently a lot of people should be fucked because of it.
- It is probably best to avoid the cuisine at El Toro Taco if you value your life.
- A lab in Florida made a potential HIV breakthrough. Meanwhile, young HIV+ people in Miami are finding support in each-other.
- The New mayor of North Miami is in a bit of ethics trouble.
- Marco Rubio got endorsed by Mike Huckabee, which, is mostly irrelevant.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.