The Week That Was: Sex and Skates
- The good news: The roller-skating thief who tormented the Jacuzzi Boys was quickly captured. The bad news: This was not allowed to mature into a thoroughly hilarious, full-scale crime spree.
- If it appears your child might have a future in the NBA, you might just want to take a bit of time out of his hoops practice to teach him some fiscal advice, especially when it comes to your strip club budgeter, or he might end up like Rumeal Robinson.
- Julia Yarbough retired from TV and said "so long" to NBC6.
- The secret to the Miami Hurricanes' recent success: a TV diet of pure SpongeBob.
- Let's play a game of Family Feud. The category: Things that come to mind when describing Miamians. "I'm going to guess 'smart,' Richard." "Good answer, good answer!" Survey says, "Nope." "How about 'sexy'?" Survey says, "Number one answer!"
- This week in historic bombshells: Luis Posada Carriles was a CIA snitch, and Jorge Mas Canosa supported terrorism.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys