The Week That Was: Miami Social Makes Us Want to Burn Down a Castle
Something purporting to be a television program called Miami Social infected airwaves this week. We introduced you to the cast, and they proceeded to do nothing. Though, the show seems to be less infectious than Swine Flu. Also, Glenn Garvin made a funny joke, that makes us love him, that is until he writes his next weird libertarian political missive.
- The County may just cut there entire arts and culture budget, because it's not nearly as important as pleasing a shitty baseball team with a new stadium and things like that. This is a horrible thing, and you should write your commissioner.
- Swim Fashion Week has come to Miami Beach. Pretty ladies walking around in bikinis. Business as usual.
- A former Heat player has a big gambling bill, presumably because daddy needed a new pair of shoes. A current Heat player gets a new pair of shoes.
- Justice is moving swiftly in the sad case of a double murder of two north Florida parents who raised 17 children.
- Bill Nelson wants these mother fucking snakes out of these mother fucking Everglades.
- Civics section: George Burgess isn't great at doing math. The city of Miami is bleeding money. Cindy Ledderman got demoted. The identity of a cop who shot a suspect was revealed. A security guard gets fired for talking to us.
- Miami Beach rebounded from a bad breakup with Frank Gehry, and shacked up with a hot, young Dutch company.
- Maria Salas is returning to TV! Señor Bale!
- Finally, a "castle" on Miami Beach burnt to the ground and we watched. It was more exciting than Miami Social.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Bill Advances That Would Ban Red Light Cameras in Florida
Wed., Feb. 10, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 11, 7:00pm
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Gets Life in Prison, Vows to Sue Entire World
- Marco Rubio's Friend Didn't Know About Gay Porn House, Site's Owner Says