The Week That Was: Hats Off to Obama
Obama was actually inaugurated! And one of those three billion people in attendance was a New Times writer! Most of us just watched in the conference room, though. Outgoing president Bush has left us speechless (in a bad way), but nut nearly as much as Aretha's hat (in a good way).
- Git'mo! Git'mo! Git'mo! Literally. First there was the SNL Sketch, then Obama halted trials, then he actually signed the order to close down Guantanamo, then Politico asked 'but, does this mean anything?'
- Fidel is actually not dying, which is good news for the newspaper, as they forgot how to cover it anyway.
- Mickey Rourke got nom nom nominated for an Oscar, but might be working for peanuts in Iron Man 2: Pig In the City.
- The Pro-Lifers rose a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Krispy Kreme.
- Dwyane Wade's soon-to-be ex-wifey is saying he gave her some sort of STD.
- 85,000 of us will be fired by year's end. Meanwhile, Rudy Crew could be hired in Texas.
- Gather round, and hear a story or two from Miami's most delightful pimp.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio: Brokered Convention Might Pick Winner Amid GOP Chaos
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 18, 7:30pm
- Seven Worst Bills Still Alive in the Florida Legislature
- Here's What Miami Dolphins Should Do With All 15 Free Agents