The Week That Was: Hats Off to Obama
Obama was actually inaugurated! And one of those three billion people in attendance was a New Times writer! Most of us just watched in the conference room, though. Outgoing president Bush has left us speechless (in a bad way), but nut nearly as much as Aretha's hat (in a good way).
- Git'mo! Git'mo! Git'mo! Literally. First there was the SNL Sketch, then Obama halted trials, then he actually signed the order to close down Guantanamo, then Politico asked 'but, does this mean anything?'
- Fidel is actually not dying, which is good news for the newspaper, as they forgot how to cover it anyway.
- Mickey Rourke got nom nom nominated for an Oscar, but might be working for peanuts in Iron Man 2: Pig In the City.
- The Pro-Lifers rose a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Krispy Kreme.
- Dwyane Wade's soon-to-be ex-wifey is saying he gave her some sort of STD.
- 85,000 of us will be fired by year's end. Meanwhile, Rudy Crew could be hired in Texas.
- Gather round, and hear a story or two from Miami's most delightful pimp.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.