If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Some fanatical pro-life group got itself all worked up because Krispy Kreme dared to use the word "choice" in some dumb Inauguration promo. This weekend I choose to eat one Krispy Kreme doughnut for every page view that post received. I will probably be dead by Saturday.
- Meanwhile the Hollywood Foreign Press Association chose Mickey Rourke as the best actor in a Dramatic picture. Rourke chose not to deny steroid rumors, to pose for PETA, and in his weirdest choice, to suck face with worst-dress-list fixture Bai Ling. Some Palin Flack chose to give Obama some Rourke-inspire advise. Miami, meanwhile, can choose to finally see The Wrestler.
- The Senate election is about two years way, but lots of monumental choices were made: Kendrick Meek is in. Charlie Crist might jump in, but probably not. Alex Sink is out, but Dan Gelber is in. Some other guy is also in, but no one cares. But none of them have the perfect resumé. Meanwhile, Senator Bill Nelson only cares about getting high as a kite.
- It was a weird week for Miami on the listacle front: we're fat, poor, tired, and adverse to caffeine.
- Some prudes up in Tampa threatened to put an end to the Lingerie Bowl, but nudists chose to save this very important sporting event.
- Castro might be dying (also, we just killed the "choice" gag in this post), but he's also being compared to Joe the Plumber.
- In other choosey sports news: UM Hoops is great, but no one cares. The Heat suck a lot less. And soon we may have an MLS team to blog about.
- The Miami Herald is depressing, but sometimes adorable. MAP magazine is dead. The Sun Post lost one of its columnists, as she will run some nice lady's city commission campaign.
- Facebook aborts a Burger King stunt. But they can wear bullet proof clothing to shield off any Crispin Porter drive-bys. There was also sexy chess, tranny toilet trouble, and trouble in Haiti. And, to top it off, we chose to gross out Plum TV with talk about bestiality.