The Week That Was: Can They Hurry Up and Stimulate Us Already?
Here is your weekly wrap up of things that bravely dared to appear on Riptide this week.
- There was a Super Bowl this past weekend. Your Miami Dolphins team was not present, but perhaps they could have been if Wayne Huzienga hired Steelers coach Mike Tomlin instead of that Cam Cameron fellow. Though, some local boys did make it to the big game. Also, the commercials were just terrible, so the American public will protest Madison Avenue's failure by not buying any more consumer goods, which works out because we are all poor.
- No seriously, here are some of the companies that fired people this week or likely will in the coming weeks: Macy's, The Miami City Ballet, The Miami Herald, Miami Jai-Alai and Crispin Porter + Bogusky.
- There was a Plastic Surgery Fashion Show on the same week Demi Moore happened to be in town. Coincidence?
- Here are two things that are sorta racist: An older Republican lady and the very laws of the state of Florida.
- What is that I smell? Just a certain aroma of D-List celebrity.
- Sex offenders? Under my bridge? Yes, there are too many of them now, but the ACLU is their to fight for them.
- Former commander of the Miami-Dade Police Department's internal affairs unit Donald Rifkin tried to get laid but failed miserabbly.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.