The Week That Was: A Beacon of Participatory Democracy
- In Miami voters loved name recognition (aka voting for people related to former Mayors), and in Miami Beach the most entertaining local election of the season heads to a recount and then a runoff.
- Paula Dockery is running for Governor, because what Florida needs is another state-wide Conservative insurgent candidate.
- A poor lil gambler thought he had won $166m, but the Seminole casino told him his machine malfunctioned and he hadn't won a cent.
- Enlightened debate: Is A-Rod a hero or a douche?
- A UM Law Professor who was arrested but not charged for offering a prostitute $20 abruptly dropped his lawsuit against a blog. Meanwhile UM hired a new guy to head their psychiatric dept who's faced criticism from the Senate.
- And here are your Real Housewives of Hialeah.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.