The Office Perfectly Teaches You What to Do When You're Moving to Miami (Even When You're Not)
We're native to Southern Florida, but we have to imagine if we lived our lives in the chilly northeast and all the sudden found out we were moving to Miami we'd probably go around throwing our winter coats at people and proclaiming "I am going to Miami, Bi-atches, to hang with LeBron James and Gloria Estefan." That's what departing character Kelly Kapoor did on last night's final season premiere of The Office.
Kapoor, played by Mindy Kaling (whose getting her own show on Fox), was written off the show with the explanation her fiancé got a professor gig at Miami University. As in not the University of Miami. As in Miami of Ohio.
- CSI: Miami is Dead, But Here Are Ten Other Shows That Need Miami Spinoffs
- The Office Makes The Miami Heat the Butt of the Joke
- The Miami Hurricanes Become the Joke on Happy Endings
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Skate en Cuba: Trozos de Madera, Ruedas de Patines y Mucho Amor
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
Thu., Feb. 18, 7:30pm
- Skating in Cuba: Scraps of Wood, Salvaged Roller Skate Wheels, and Love of the Sport
- Forget O.J., Miami Had Its Own Tabloid Trial of the Century in 1966