The Office Perfectly Teaches You What to Do When You're Moving to Miami (Even When You're Not)
We're native to Southern Florida, but we have to imagine if we lived our lives in the chilly northeast and all the sudden found out we were moving to Miami we'd probably go around throwing our winter coats at people and proclaiming "I am going to Miami, Bi-atches, to hang with LeBron James and Gloria Estefan." That's what departing character Kelly Kapoor did on last night's final season premiere of The Office.
Kapoor, played by Mindy Kaling (whose getting her own show on Fox), was written off the show with the explanation her fiancé got a professor gig at Miami University. As in not the University of Miami. As in Miami of Ohio.
- CSI: Miami is Dead, But Here Are Ten Other Shows That Need Miami Spinoffs
- The Office Makes The Miami Heat the Butt of the Joke
- The Miami Hurricanes Become the Joke on Happy Endings
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident