Teen Girl's Arm Might Have Been Severed in Airboat Accident
In today's roundup of the woes of South Florida: An airboat accident injures a young girl, another Florida panther dies thanks to careless drivers, the father who beat his son to brain-death in a "boxing lesson" will face murder charges, and our old friend Principal "Eat Shit and Die" has a new job.
Officials say her injuries were not life-threatening, but the original 911 call reported that her arm might have been severed. Few details have been released about the exact nature of the injuries or how they happened.
The incident occurred at Osceola Panther's Airboat Rides, about 15 miles west of Krome Avenue. [Just News]
- The Florida panther that was hit by a car near Immokalee Tuesday died a day after the three kittens she was carrying died too. She is at least the 14th panther this year to die after being hit by a car. [CBS4]
- The man who allegedly left his 2-year-old son brain-dead after a "boxing lesson" will not get bail and now faces second-degree murder charges. [WSVN]
- Bankruptcy filings continue to increase in SoFla, and they were up 51 percent in July from the same month last year. [CBS4]
- The former Coral Gables Elementary School principal who told a parent to "eat shit and die" in an email has been moved to Coral Terrace Elementary, where she has a whole new set of parents to tell off. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident