Suicidal Man Arrested at Jimmy Johnson's House After Five-Hour Standoff With Police
In today's roundup of the shame of South Florida: The caretaker of Jimmy Johnson's Keys mansion has a five-hour standoff with police, a man is shot for his necklace outside a day-care center, the house of a soldier serving in the Middle East is burglarized, and, oh yeah, the Metromover crashed.
- In Northwest Miami-Dade, a maintenance worker was mowing the lawn at a preschool when one man caught a glimpse of his necklace. The criminal stole the chain and shot the worker five times. The victim, a father of three, is in stable but critical condition. [CBS4]
- An investigation has been launched into yesteday's Metromover crash, which sent 16 passengers to the hospital. [Herald]
- Two men have been arrested for burglarizing the home of a National Guard soldier who was away serving in Kuwait. [WSVN]
- A multibuilding blaze in Hialeah yesterday afternoon left no one injured. [WSVN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- NBA Features 786 on Heat's Area Code Gear, Not 305
- Three of America's Worst Traffic Bottlenecks Are in Miami
- North Beach Plots Future After Rejecting Luxury Condo Plan On Ocean Terrace