Stop Me If You've Heard This One Before, Miami Beach
Some geniuses in Miami Beach want to rebrand two areas in the city as "The French Quarter" (Normandy isles shopping district) and "The District" (shops along Collins near 8th ave). Problem is that one is already associated with various areas of world cities, while the other is entirely bland and not to mention frequently used. While it's true that "a rose by any other name is a rose," and as long as these areas retain their own unique characteristics it matters little, it is also true that just because roses are popular we do not start referring to tulips or daffodils as a rose.
- A district in New Orleans, LA
- A district in San Francisco, CA
- A section of downtown Charleston, SC
- A portion of Hanoi, Vietnam
- A portion of Puducherry, India
- The fourth of the genetic make up contributed by a person's sole French grandparent.
- A police series on CBS that ran for three seasons staring Craig T. Nelson
- A 2004 Hungarian animated film
- The District of Columbia
- Locally, occasionally used for The Design District
- An upscale shopping area in Irvine, CA
- An upscale shopping area somewhere in Nevada.
- An upscale shopping area in Columbia, MO
- An upscale shopping area in Nashville, TN
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
- Put Every Toll Increase to a Local Vote, New Petition Argues
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Thu., Aug. 6, 6:35pm
- Miami Dolphins Fans' Survival Guide to Training Camp
- Boxer Yathomas Riley Charged With Murdering Wife Three Years After Beating Similar...