Sorry, Miamians, FIU Isn't Offering a Major in "305 'Til I Die"
Florida International University deserves a slow clap. Last Friday, the school pulled off one of the funnier Miami-related April Fools' Day pranks we've seen in a while.
In a video posted on its official Facebook page, the school proudly announced a new major focus in Miami studies, or, as it's officially termed, the "305 Til I Die" degree.
But there's always room for improvement in a new and growing major.
Allow us to make a few suggestions for an expanded curriculum:
- Financial planning from the diamond princess herself, Professor Trina.
- Experimental theories in how to defy gravity, taught by local plastic surgeons.
- Basic local geography taught by anyone besides LeBron "Taking My Talents to South Beach" James.
- Fiction by Rick Ross.
- "Getting Ahead Without Doing Much Work" by Marco Rubio (he needs a job anyway).
- Free Speech 101 by Uncle Luke.
- A class in how to deal with common local legal problems, like when your neighbor leaves dead roosters in your yard or when your wife owes money to a
malestripper, taught by Telemundo courtroom show Caso Cerrado host Ana Maria Polo.
- "Planning for Your Future" with Walter Mercado.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.