Son Shoots at Home Invaders Who Shot Dad in Mouth
Two armed robbers entered the home of several migrant workers on SW 141st Avenue at 282nd Street last night. They demanded cash and valuables, but one man decided to fight back. They subdued him and held him at gunpoint, eventually shooting him the mouth.
The man's son went inside, retrieved a gun, and fired at the robbers, who fled. It's believed that neither suspect was shot, but they're still at large.
The son then drove his father to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he's in critical condition. [CBS4]
- Police are searching for a suspected sexual predator. They say a white male in his 30s sexually assaulted a woman in her own home yesterday. Several law enforcement agencies swarmed to SW 288th Street and 187th Avenue in Homestead after the crime was reported, and nearby schools were put on lockdown. The man was not found, but he was last seen wearing a red shirt and blue jeans. [WSVN]
- Attacking homeless people could be added to the list of hate crimes in Florida. The bill has passed the state legislature and is awaiting Governor Crist's signature. [CBS4]
- Anderson Baez has been arrested for a string of thefts from school vending machines. [WSVN]
- An American couple caught spying for Cuba seems to be cooperating fully with the FBI. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Jeb Bush on Oregon Shooting: "Stuff Happens"
Sat., Oct. 17, 12:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 10:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 11:00am
Sat., Oct. 17, 6:00pm
- Moshe Mana Plans Development for Wynwood With 24-Story Towers and Convention Center
- Interactive Map Reminds Us Florida Has Always Been a Land of Caribbean Immigrants