Shark Bites FIU Researcher in Everglades
Dr. Kirk Gastrich, a researcher at Florida International University, was out diving in the Everglades yesterday studying the ecological impact of sharks. What he got instead was a firsthand account of a different type of shark impact.
He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial and is in stable condition. [Herald | WSVN]
- Enrique Alard, 26, is accused of luring a 14-year-old boy he met on Craigslist to meet in him in real life and then forced him to perform oral sex. Police think there might be more victims. [CBS4]
- The police detective who was the victim of a brutal attack in Liberty City this past weekend is in critical condition with multiple injuries. Doctors won't predict the outcome. [WSVN]
- Two were found dead as a result of a double homicide in Opa-locka. [WSVN]
- A father is accused of severely beating and shaking his 2-month-old son after the infant refused to drink from his bottle. [CBS4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident