Shark Bites FIU Researcher in Everglades
Dr. Kirk Gastrich, a researcher at Florida International University, was out diving in the Everglades yesterday studying the ecological impact of sharks. What he got instead was a firsthand account of a different type of shark impact.
- Enrique Alard, 26, is accused of luring a 14-year-old boy he met on Craigslist to meet in him in real life and then forced him to perform oral sex. Police think there might be more victims. [CBS4]
- The police detective who was the victim of a brutal attack in Liberty City this past weekend is in critical condition with multiple injuries. Doctors won't predict the outcome. [WSVN]
- Two were found dead as a result of a double homicide in Opa-locka. [WSVN]
- A father is accused of severely beating and shaking his 2-month-old son after the infant refused to drink from his bottle. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Santa’s Enchanted Forest Protest Planned Over Animal Shows
- Brightline, New Rail Link Between Miami and Orlando, Explained
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty