We here at Riptide are responsible for penning somewhere in the neighborhood of 3,000 blog posts a year. They run the gamut from hard-hitting investigative stories to lighthearted satire. That's our responsibility.
You, the internet browsing populace, your responsibility is clicking on and reading those stories. So in a way, you're responsible for our top ten posts of the year by pageviews.
Do we consider this Riptide's greatest hits of 2011? Maybe and maybe not, but we do know these are the posts you responded to more than anything. So, basically, we know that you love booty. So very much booty.
10. Birdman Lost His $2 Million Heat Bet but Still Parties With Mavericks
Well, actually you all loved booty almost as much as you loved the NBA finals apparently. Posts concerning the Miami Heat took three of our top ten spots.
9. Yes, That Flattened Head Mugshot is Real
It's real, and it's spectacular
8. Maggie Rodriguez Fired from CBS's The Early Show
We jumped on the news that a former anchor got dropped from CBS's big morning show pretty quickly. Slowly, over many months, people Googled around to figure out why that nice Maggie lady wasn't on their TV set every morning.
7. Miami Teen Angie Varona Unwittingly Became Internet Pervs' Favorite Jailbait Model at 14
Here's the actual first instance of booty on this list. Underage booty mind you. Yeah, be ashamed of yourself.
6. Those Dirty LeBron James and Rashard Lewis Rumors
Well, looky there, here's a post that concerns booty and the Miami Heat.
5. Miami's Federal Jail Overrun With Strippers Posing As Paralegals, Lawyers Say
Behind bars booty.
4. Bieyanka Moore, Reality Kings' 15-Year-Old Porn Star?
Yeah, more underage booty. You guys should see a therapist.
3. ;Google Street View Invades a Liberty City Woman's Right To Hold a Water Jug Naked On Front Porch
Well, at least this is legally-aged booty.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
2. Miami Herald Runs Macy's Ad Congratulating Heat on Winning NBA Title
Yeah, we wish this would have said "Miami Heat win NBA Championship and are elected as Basketball Sports Gods Forever and Ever 'til Never More" too, but we'll take this.
1. Fake Doctor Injected Cement and Fix-A-Flat Into Patient's Butt
Well, obviously the ultimate fake booty makes for our ultimate post of the year.
As a side note, Riptide is on Holiday hours from now until Tuesday, so enjoy our best posts and we'll see you on Tuesday!