Richie Incognito Reached Out to Jonathan Martin at 2:30 a.m. on Twitter
Richie Incognito's strange public saga continues as he tries to make amends and appears to want to pretend that nothing ever happened. Last week he said he'd like to come back and play for the Dolphins despite there being little chance that's actually going to happen.
Early this morning he also reached out to Jonathan Martin on Twitter in a public attempt to reconcile.
@j_martin71 No hard feelings. Let's just move on :)— Richie Incognito (@68INCOGNITO) March 24, 2014
Martin so far has not responded to those tweets.
That's a big change sine February when he went on an unhinged Twitter tired against Martin and his agents.
"Dear Jon Martin..... The truth is going to bury you and your entire 'camp,'" he warned in one of the tweets. "You could have told the truth the entire time."
Shortly after this Twitter tirade he checked himself in to a mental health facility and was only released sometime last week.
Since then he's appeared to play a game of pretending like nothing happened with these tweets coupled with his desire to return to the Dolphins.
Martin of course has now moved on to play for the San Francisco 49ers with his former college coach.
Ironically, it appears that Incognito could wind up right across the San Fran Bay from him. ESPN reports that the Oakland Raiders are "open" to signing Incognito.
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.