Breaking news: Florida college students don't like to study. Oh, wait, everybody already knew that? Uh, well, in case you need evidence, Florida's supposed top four public universities are all featured on Princeton Review's list of schools where students don't study.
Princeton Review also released rankings based on other criteria as well, and if you're wondering what Florida college students are doing instead of hitting the books, it's most likely drinking, partying, going to football games, and, in UCF's case, hugging trees.
The University of North Dakota takes top spot on the "Students Study the Least" list, but the public university system of Florida is the real winner here. University of Central Florida came in at number four, followed by University of South Florida at five. Florida State was ninth, and University of Florida was 14th.
FSU and UF made the lists for Party Schools, Jock Schools, and Lots of Beer.
Here's the rest of the rankings for Florida schools in other categories:
University of Florida:
- #1 Best Career Services
- #9 Best College Newspaper
- #19 Everyone Plays Intramural Sports
- #1 Jock Schools
- #6 Lots of Beer
- #18 Lots of Hard Liquor
- #9 Party Schools
- #2 Students Pack the Stadiums
- #14 Students Study the Least
- #10 Best Health Services
- #16 Best Athletic Facilities
Florida State University:
- #15 Everyone Plays Intramural Sports
- #10 Jock Schools
- #8 Lots of Beer
- #15 Major Frat and Sorority Scene
- #8 Party Schools
- #6 Students Pack the Stadiums
- #9 Students Study the Least
University of South Florida:
- #17 Least Accessible Professors
- #5 Students Study the Least
University of Central Florida:
- #14 Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians
- #4 Students Study the Least
At least the hippies at New College of Florida can be trusted to shake up the stereotypes:
- #1 Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians
- #1 Dodgeball Targets
- #8 LGBT-Friendly
- #2 Intercollegiate Sports Unpopular or Nonexistent
- #2 Is It Food?
- #3 Most Politically Active Students
- #2 Nobody Plays Intramural Sports
- #17 Professors Get High Marks
- #9 Reefer Madness
- #5 Great Financial Aid
- #3 Most Liberal Students
Little Eckerd College in St. Petersburg appears to be the Chong to New College's Cheech.
- #16 Most Popular Study Abroad Program
- #19 Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians
- #8 Reefer Madness
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
Rollins got a couple of mentions too:
- #15 Dodgeball Targets
- #11 Little Race/Class Interaction
And what of the University of Miami? Well, it made just one list: number three on "Lots of Race/Class Interaction," which means that when it shows groups of multicultural students hanging together by the lake in its brochures, it's probably not a Photoshopped image (unlike Rollins college, apparently).